- We had lunch at The Dunes in Hout Bay. The food was fairly good, the view excellent, and the music sweet. There also seems to be a fun play area for the kids. The wind was blowing sand onto us little by little. Funny.
- I got on the Wii yesterday for the first time in a while and it told me that in the last 105 days I had lost 5.7 pounds. Not bad. Not what I’d hoped, but I’ll take it!!
- I got to chat online with some of my good friends this week and really enjoyed it. Too bad an ocean lays between us! And that I had to stay up until after midnight to do it.
- We participated in social event for my hubby’s work. It was a quiz game and our team won! I have a secret competitive side that comes out in silly games, and I’m proud to say that my knowledge was key to earning several points. Our team received 4 bottles of wine, 4 giant Dairy Milk candy bars, and two boxes of biscuits (cookies). We personally got two of the bottles, one candy bar, and the smaller box of biscuits.
|The spoils of our winning!|
- Ohh, I'm so tired today. This was a week of going to bed late, being unable to sleep, waking up early on some days and sleeping in on others. I just woke up from a nap. I hate naps. Yes, I said it. I always wake up feeling weird and not refreshed.
- I barely worked out at the gym this week, just 30 minutes on Thursday and 1.5 on Saturday. I can’t believe I just wrote that! I used to never work out, and if I was employed, probably wouldn’t that often. I’m lucky in that I have time to work out for an hour or two each day.
- The biggest shelf in our little kitchen, one we use to store bins filled with grains, flour, sugar and salt, fell from high above, onto our counter and then the floor. A brand new 5 lb. bag of flour fell and split wide open. A single glass broke (our 5th since moving here- eek!), and a plate with a preexisting crack in it bit the dust.
|The missing shelf. Can you spot the bracket?|
Oh the destruction!
As you can see, we went with a lime green accent color.
Also, how many American brands can you see in this picture?
How was your week. Great, I hope!
Song of the Post: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.