|My big girl!|
- Spring is definitely here! On several days, I actually wore short sleeves and flip flops all day! Now, we’re gonna have to get used to no air conditioning. The other day, at the video store, I felt air conditioning and was surprised! I hadn’t felt it in so long…. Etta is doing better- we had to take her to the veterinarian a few weeks ago. She was diagnosed with a yeast infection in her ear. She’s had it for years (didn’t know what it was until this vet looked under a microscope)- he said that it’s not curable, but manageable.
- So we didn’t feel like such horrible parents that she has had it for so long. She kept shaking her head so often that she was making blood start to pool in her ears. It can get so bad that they swell up like balloons and need to be surgically drained. Luckily we are always on the watch, so at the first sign, we took her in. And now she's all better!
- Volunteering twice this week and getting to attend a volunteer “thank you tea”. I’m working with older people during their “craft hour.” It’s satisfying, but my back tends to hurt from leaning over them to help them with a project. I’m the youngest volunteer there- I guess it’s not a way to make friends my own age….
|She's thinking "why are you taking my picture?!"|
- We cleaned and organized our bedroom early in the week, and today, we organized and cleaned our “lounge” (aka living room). Things truly feel so much more “airy” and “roomy”- as much as it can for such a teeny space.
- I finished a very elaborate bracelet and also created some new 3-D shapes.
- After several great weekends in a row, a tough one. A "great weekend" for me is one where my husband and I flow together, get along well and have the same goals. This weekend, we weren’t getting along so well. Lots of mini annoyances- we apologize after each, but they can accumulate into a “hard day” for us sometimes. We are doing well tonight (Sunday) though.
|She's tired after playing ball.|
- We didn’t win the lottery- because we didn’t play. I’m actually not sure if we could play here. Hmm…
Song of the Post: Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake. We saw "Friends with Benefits" this weekend- pretty racy!