Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It snowed in South Africa!


We had the worst weather these last two days. Yesterday’s wind gusts and torrential rain were downright explosive at times. Someone we know works in an observatory in Sutherland and took these pictures today. (I hope he doesn’t mind that I ‘borrowed’ these pictures from Facebook. If you want to know who it was, I can let you know in an e-mail- so that he gets proper artistic credit). Please, please do not think that it does not get cold here! I have been freezing my little butt off!


Look!


The observatory.

Sutherland hostel.
 And Look!



The Observatory at sunrise.

 
I hope those of you in the southern hemisphere are keeping warm, and that you are basking in the warm weather if you live in the northern hemisphere. 


I’ve had TWO winters this year.


Enjoy!






Song of the day:  Winter Song by Sarah Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson.  No video, but beautiful song.


No comments: