- We felt very rested after our overnight stay at the beach at a friend’s house. Lovely. Saw penguins, dassies, and a seal sunning itself on a rock.
|The view towards Muizenberg.|
- Created several beaded cabochon necklaces using stones I painstakingly sifted through at Scratch Patch.
|The hubby enjoying his morning tea and the view.|
- I had a telephone interview for a small job in the next few months, helping coordinate a 3-day program in January or February. I’m pretty sure I got it, but don’t know when I start.
- Verifying that I will get a discount on tuition for my PhD.
|Some of the beach houses.|
- Finding the last two plates that matched our set at @Home. Two plates ended up being broken when our shelf fell in the kitchen. Yay for having replacements!
|A curious dassie. Love the 'stash.|
- Going for a hike on Saturday and loving the open air, pine trees, and ocean views. It ended too quickly!
|Dassie poop, if you were interested...|
- Trying to figure out who to talk with to get started on my PhD. Apparently they call it the “new student shuffle.”
- I’m missing some of my favorite American foods. I have not found many of the traditional holiday pre-made foods here, and I’m trying to figure out what to make for Thanksgiving. I might have to make a chicken, my own pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin (here is a great tutorial for making your own pumpkin puree), and homemade stuffing. A big undertaking for a wannabe cook like me!
Pretty good week if I do say so! I hope yours was as good!
I'll be linking up here for my High's and Lows.
Song of the Post: Wrong for You by Loyiso, a South African music artist! I kept hearing this song on the radio and I thought it was an American singer; I was so surprised and happy to hear he was South African. I really hope that I get to see him in concert!