Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge.


I’ve been dreaming of peanut butter flavored treats for a while…so instead of making a dessert from my list, I decided to make this instead.

I have found the perfect peanut butter fudge recipe. Why is it perfect? It has only 4 ingredients and uses only the microwave. Simple for a lazy cook like myself! I know there are more complicated recipes out there that might taste better, but I don’t care! 

This is good enough!
 
Here is the link for it, I found it on Alton Brown’s food channel website. 

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces (225 grams) of unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan (this can be a little hard to find, at least in SA)
  • 1 cup (236 ml) smooth peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 pound (.45 kg) powdered sugar (here, they call it “icing sugar”) 

Directions

Combine the butter and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. (I didn’t do this and it was just fine.)

Peanut butter and butter.

Microwave for 2 minutes on high.

Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. (Be careful- the bowl is HOT! I used a towel.)

Hot. Hot. Hot.

Add the vanilla and powdered (frosting) sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. (I was a little unsure of how to measure my powdered sugar because it was in a 1kg package, or 2.2 pounds. So…I “winged it” and poured out a little less than half my package. Brave, I know. My powdered sugar was really lumpy, so I broke it up as much as I could with a fork, and then tried to mix it as well as I could with my spoon.)

The lumps made no difference! Phew!

The mixture will become thicker and (might) lose its sheen. 

Spread into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.  (I used an oval Corning Ware crock, but if you want all your pieces to be perfectly cut, use a square or rectangle pan.)

Fold the excess parchment paper so it covers the surface of the fudge. (This helps the top of the fudge be flat- so it will be more “square” when you cut it.)

It would be smoother if I'd used a pan with right angles.
Refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours. 

One word. Yum.

Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. (You can cut it into bigger pieces, however it is pretty rich!)


I'll be linking up to several blog linkys and hops. Check them out here, and here.

Song of the Post: Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World.


14 comments:

Red Couch Recipes said...

This looks so appealing. I have purchased peanut butter fudge before and loved it. Thanks for the recipe. Joni

Peggy said...

Oh my, this looks really good. My kids love anything with peanut butter.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love peanutbutter and I love fudge so im sure I would love the two combined together!
I am now following you from the hop and would love a follow back
http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
Thanks :)

Dawna said...

Mmmmm may have to try this one as peanut butter is one our households favorites!

Cami said...

My...mouth...is...watering.

YUM!

You should link this on my TASTY TUESDAY post today :) YUM

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter but I'd love to try this!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh my gosh how you have me craving this right now! im going to the store to see if i can find unsalted butter and if so, im totally making this RIGHT now. no kidding.

Anonymous said...

peanut butter fudge is currently in fridge waiting to be eaten!!!!!!!! aghhhh

Sami said...

I love fudge, have copied the recipe and will definitely give it a try!

Cami said...

P.S. If I lived near you - I'd buy you a blender. :)

Shipping would be SO much, I would imagine. :(

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Yum! I may just have to try this. I wonder what it would do if it used regular butter instead of unsalted? We may just find out :)

Tamara said...

Is there anything better in this world than peanut butter treats? Yum. When we visited the States, I stocked up on all the Reece's choccies. Every time someone visits the US, I ask them to bring some peanut butter chocolate goodness back. Maybe I'll make this fudge and save myself the wait ;-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Yum! Pinned this!

Naturally Me Creations said...

This sounds really yum, and i love easy recipes too! This is going on my list of "must tries". :)

And so glad to see some SA ingredients, haha! American ingredients aren't always the same as here & then i have to google what the SA equivalents are. ;)

Tnx for stopping by Sweet & Savoury Delights blog and following! :D I'm a new follower here too. :)