I have started developing an interest in cooking more interesting things lately. However I am always looking for quick, and low ingredient recipes.If its healthy, that's a plus!
|Sour Cream Enchiladas (source)|
Since moving to a country that uses the Metric system and measures temperature in Celsius, I have had to convert many recipes to make them work here. I had to buy a measuring cup that had milliliters and cups on it, and then convert the temperature to its equivalent in degrees Celsius.
I’m the type of person that bookmarks yummy recipes when I come across them, so I have a lot waiting to be tested. There are many recipes that I just cannot make because I don’t have the ingredients here. I’m slowly finding recipes made in South Africa and other countries that have ingredients that I can find in SA.
So here are some of the meals that I am planning on making sometime in the future (they aren’t that healthy though):
|Butternut Squash Fries (source)|
- Sour Cream Pancakes
- “Army” Roasted Chicken
- Camembert Mashed Potatoes (I have actually made this- but it was so yummy, we have to eat it again!)
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Butternut Squash Fries
- Curried Chicken
- Couscous with Feta and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Buttermilk Baked Chicken (did you know you could make your own buttermilk easily?)
- Three Ingredient Fettuccine Alfredo
- Sour Cream Enchiladas (If you haven’t checked out Pioneer Woman’s web site or book, you should!)
- Crust-less Spinach, Onion, and Feta Quiche (Crust-less, easy-peasy, right?)
|Buttermilk Baked Chicken (source)|
|"Army" Chicken (source)|
|Buffalo Chicken Dip (source)|
- Creamy Jalapeno Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Hot Spinach Dip
- Hot Pizza Dip (I had this at one of my going away parties and I nearly ate half of it- so good!)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
I’ll make an entirely separate post with all the dessert recipes!
What are some recipes that you want to make soon? I’d love to see what you’ve got planned for the table!
P.S.- I misspelled recipe every time I wrote it- apparently I like to spell it recipie. Thanks spell chnck!
Song of the Post: Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffet.