Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 40: Baby is born!



I don’t have time to write up our birth story right now, but wanted to let everyone know that my little one is here! She came right on time, on her due date. Only 5% of first time moms have this happen.



She is gorgeous and big- 8.45 pounds (3.76 kilograms) and 21.25 inches (54 centimeters) long. Beautiful hair, lighter than either of ours. Blue eyes- they’ll change, so we don’t know what color they’ll actually be for a long while. This link has a nice explanation of eye color in general.



I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to update the blog in the next few weeks. I hope to get into a routine with baby girl soon. Thanks for all the support!



 

Post-Pregnancy Tracking Questions

How old is she: She is 1 week old (because I couldn’t do a scheduled 40 week post as I was in labor!)
Size of Baby: Born 8.45 pounds (3.76 kilograms) and 21.25 inches (54 centimeters) long. She lost a little more than she should have in the first 4 days, but is now catching up.
Sleep: I wake up every 1-4 hours, depending on baby and my own sleep habits.
Maternity clothes: I fit back in my old, stretchy/elastic clothes, but I had put most of my regular things away, so I’m still kinda wearing the maternity stuff. No jeans yet.
Don't be fooled- I looked like crap 15 minutes before...
Tummy: I have no idea what size month to compare my belly to. I was not expecting it to be so “jiggly” after. I did make sure to buy a belly binder to wear- I hear that it does wonders.
Stretch marks: None have appeared after the birth (which can happen!).
Wedding Ring: Haven’t tried yet.
Things bought/given: We’ve had one friend drop by to give us food and bring us extra nappies/diapers.
Best moments this week: Meeting my little girl. She is perfect and innocent.
Worst moments this week: When baby was lying down and choking on her spit up. She was flailing her arms and legs and I thought she was mad about something and didn’t react right away. When I saw how distressed she was, I immediately got her into a position so that she could spit it all up. Then she pooped. I felt so bad and guilty- I was crying, she was; it was awful. Still brings tears to my eyes to think about it.
Miss anything: Feeling her kicks in side my tummy. But I can’t miss it too much, when I have her right here next to me!
Outings: Went to the store nearby for craft supplies to do with/for her.
New Aches and Pains: Never knew how sore my body would be after labor and stitches. I’m only now feeling like I could walk more than a block.
Looking forward to: Our baby experiencing all her firsts!
Worried about: How to keep her safe and healthy.

Song of the Post: Danny’s Song as sung by Anne Murray. Then sentiment is lovely (even though its about a boy) and so appropriate to our situation/station in life.


10 comments:

Gina said...

Mazel Tov!!!! What amazing news! She is gorgeous and you look fantastic!

Crystal said...

Congratulations! She looks adorable! Glad you are home and doing well.

What's her name??

.r said...

Hooray! I can't say from personal experience, but friends have told me that they've been amazed at how mommy instincts kick in after birth. I think yours did too, because you saw the distress and responded. She's okay and you guys are getting to know each others habits and tendencies, so don't feel too bad! You're doing great. :)

Mindy said...

Congratulations!!!
She's such a cutie!

Now, go! Get some rest. =)

Deidre said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations.

Sami said...

Congratulation to Mom and Dad on the birth of your wonderful little girl.
She was quite big for a girl!
Enjoy all the little steps.

Gillian Morris said...

Congratulations!
Both you and baby girl look gorgeous. Enjoy every second, they grow far too quickly.

Organized Chaos said...

Congrats!! Again!! ;-) I knew when you didn't do a post that it had to be time!! It is so exciting and she is beautiful and you look ah-mazing! Enjoy every moment and don't stress too much! I also tend to think my kids are over exaggerating (they typically are...they get that from their dad ;-])
Get some rest!!

Prixie said...

Congrats! Hope you enjoy every motherhood minute. :)

Decorating Ideas said...

so cute , my goodness :)