I have a lot to be thankful for:
- For having the chance to live in another culture and experience a different kind of life.
|Beautiful. Looking down towards Muizenberg.|
- That I am an American and have all the privileges and resources that come with being born in the United States.
- For the friends and family that I have who are supportive and caring.
|My hubby is his element.|
- For marrying a man who is forever my champion and my hero.
- For having wonderful dogs who are healthy and happy and know tricks!
|My big girl Etta.|
|My "dittle bitty girl" Reeces.|
- For having the opportunity to go home for visit this holiday season and be there for the birth of my niece!
- For having a landlord who is willing to take care of our dogs for free while we are gone.
|For strawberries on the beach.|
I’m making most of a Thanksgiving dinner later today for five people. On the menu: two small free-range chickens roasted with vegetables, mashed potatoes with camembert, candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, and an apple crisp for dessert. Crossing my fingers/holding my thumbs that it turns out well!!
Giveaway: The winner is A Daft Scot’s Lass, based in Johannesburg. She’s really cool and sassy- you should check out her blog. She chose the Tiger Eye ring and I really hope she likes it!!
Songs of the Post: Two for your listening pleasure.
Thanksgiving by Deb Talan. She is one of my favorite singers. This video is one that someone made and used her song in the background.
Iron and Teanaway Peaks from Monty VanderBilt on Vimeo.
And on a lighter note,
Turkey Song by Adam Sandler, performed on SNL. If you haven’t heard this, you should- so funny!
***If you're outside of the United States, click here to see it in a web page.***