Thursday, November 15, 2012

22 Weeks: Baby right on track.



22 Week Chalk Board.
Two weeks have passed since my last pregnancy update. Last week, we met with our Midwife and her apprentice for a 21 week checkup. We reviewed my chart and update some history for their records. My uterus is measuring right on track for 21 weeks. They suggested that we enroll in their birthing classes, and will probably take them in January. The practice is made up of two Midwives, who rotate appointments so that I’m comfortable with whomever is “on call” when I go into labor. Due to scheduling constraints, I’ve only met one of the midwives, and we love her. She’s really funny and likes to tease my hubby (such as telling him with a straight face that he couldn’t be in the delivery room- haha!) The apprentice is also very nice.




Hubby's "mistake" version.






We had fun with the chalk board this week, and hubby even decided to give it a go. He was upset with himself because he drew the wrong weeks onto the board for the text he wrote (“22 weeks to go” when it should have said “18 weeks to go”). I thought it was adorable that he wanted to participate! But he convinced me to re-do the sign my way, and it turned out pretty cute. 

Me at 22 weeks.

 

A little chalk board advice: 

  • For wiping the chalk board, a microfiber cloth works well, and a cotton swab cleans up edge really well. 
  • If chalk dust/flakes appear while writing, don’t “lightly wipe” it with your hand- you’ll only smear it (trust me!). Just blow the dust off, it really does work. 
  • To create the the text (words and numbers), I pulled up different fonts in Microsoft Word, increased their size, and then hand copied the style onto the board.



 The Bump and Baby Center say this about Week 22:

During week 22, baby’s invading your space, which is why it might be tough to catch your breath and why your back might be killing you. Hey, as she grows, she may be expanding your belly so much (so fast) that you might have some stretch marks -- and you might even have a newfound “outtie”! And your outtie will go back to an innie, we promise. She's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).

Size of a papaya or spaghetti squash. (source)
 At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.”



Pregnancy Tracking Questions  
(some answers may stay the same).

How far along: 22 weeks
Size of Baby: Papaya or Spaghetti Squash.
Mmmm... (source)
Sleep: Through the night- if I wake it’s because of hubby!
Maternity clothes: A few shirts brought over from Target. I use the Bella Band with my regular pants, but it’s not going to be a clothing option for much longer!
Stretch marks: Not yet.
Best moment this week: Preparing for my belly dance performance this week.
Miss anything: Salmon sushi.
Movement: Baby girl has been exploring her home. She doesn’t like tight waist bands, and kicks at it until I loosen up- then she stops moving, content again!
Cravings:  Chocolate Crème doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts. To bad I can't eat one...I haven't found anything here that compares to the creamy, powdery, fried goodness!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Belly button in or out: In. But apparently my belly button is looking “smaller” and might be a sign that I’ll be an “outtie” sometime in the next 18 weeks?!
Looking forward to: Coming home for Christmas!


Song of the Post: I’ve Gotta Have You by Deb Talan.  

To quote the song:

“No amount of coffee, no amount of crying; No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine; No, no, no, no, no, nothing else will do, I've gotta have you, I've gotta have you.” 

There is nothing I won’t do or give up for this baby girl!

(I’ve also showcased Deb Talan’s song “Thanksgiving” in this post.)

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Adorable!! I'm still loving the chalk board! Try Woolworths for some belly bands! My awesome MIL got me some from there for my pregnancy and they're so comfortable I'm still wearing them at 36 weeks! But Edgars sells the best fit of maternity pants that I've found!

Crystal said...

That's a really cute chalkboard idea! Did you get it from Pinterest? I seriously love that site!

You look radiant :)

Deidre said...

Love the chalkboard! And great advice to not smear the chalk dust.