Thursday, December 15, 2011

Snowy Days in New Mexico.


So I visited my mother in New Mexico, arriving last Friday with my aunt, and leaving Tuesday morning.  Boy was it snowy on some days! 

Doesn't that just epitomize the word "cold"?!
My aunt and I had fun stopping both ways to eat at Charlie's Spic N' Span in Las Vegas, New Mexico. I bet you didn't know there was an LV in NM! They have some of the best green chile sauce. I could eat it every day. YUM.



We did a lot of fun things, like take over a Goodwill changing room, argue with the Salvation Army manager, and have an argument about how things were “too expensive” for me in a certain second-hand store. I was able to supplement my wardrobe with pants, shirts, and jackets. I still need to buy some more items of clothing, but it was a great start. 


Can you see the windshield crack?


I felt like I had two personal shoppers- both my mother and aunt would find things for me to try on and would gloat when I picked their choices. It was fun, except for the chaffing on my legs from trying on so many pairs of pants!


I may have had a few 12-year-old moments during the trip. Do you ever feel as though you revert to old patterns with people who knew you when you were young?



I’ll post pictures of my time in Santa Fe, New Mexico soon.




Song of the weekend:  The Trouble with Girls by Scotty McCreery. The radio played it every hour! I didn’t get to see the most recent American Idol, because we’re a couple seasons behind in South Africa, and I’m amazed at how talented he is for how young he is!



3 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

from South African sunshine to that!! WOW

MoMo 2.0 said...

Hey there! Scotty was our FAVE PIC on last season....we rooted for him from day one! :-)
Merry Christmas!

Peggy said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I love your snow pictures.