Saturday, February 12, 2011

Final Days!

Wow, I have not been this tired; maybe ever. It feels as though every second is precious and that I must be doing something vital and important, otherwise I am wasting time and will forget to do something important. I just have to remind myself that there are people in Tucson that have our best interests at heart and will do what they can for us while we are gone. Boy am I gonna miss the reassurance that those people give me every day by their mere presence.

Today, we realized that because of the airline we are taking to Africa has a size restriction. If we go even 2 inches past their cut off, it will be $200. If it weighs over 50 pounds, it will cost another $200! So now, we have to get a new suitcase and leave the one we just bought two weeks ago! I call this “sucky.”  

We now only have three full days here in Tucson before we leave…ack! My priority tomorrow is to get everything that should be in storage there, spend a few quality hours with our niece “E”, and then have a great pot luck/last going away party!  Then on Sunday, most of our day is taken up with bringing the dogs to Phoenix for the first leg of their flight. They stay in Houston for almost a day, then Amsterdam for almost a day. Finally, they land in Cape Town about half an hour after us, but due to customs, they will not be released to us until the next morning. Luckily, it sounds like someone will pick us up and have our house keys ready for us. Then we can sleep (if we can) in our new home the same night we get there. Our lease is only for six months, so we will be finding more permanent accommodations either before or by six months’ time. 


Monday, our last day here, is Valentine’s Day. We have an early dinner planned at one of our favorite restaurants, KingFisher. I hope they have Crème Brulee on the menu!!! I doubt that I will fall asleep that night (get your mind out of the gutter!) because I will be too excited and anxious about the trip. Any suggestions the help me get some sleep?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi lady,

I can totally hear you telling this story in person. I'm laughing and responding in my head too, which might make me a little crazy. Anyway, keep us posted over here!