|"Where is the ball?!"|
- Helping the hubby with his job. He was teaching/coordinating a short 3-day course, and I helped him coordinate much of the “behind the scenes” stuff. It’s nice to feel useful and help contribute to our finances for once!
- The amount of energy I had while “working” was amazing! When I’m home all day, I have an afternoon “slump” and feel very tired, however, during the days leading up to the course and the 3 day course itself, I never felt tired.
- Performing a belly dance “gig” for a friend who was in a talent contest and didn’t want to be by herself. I got through it, and am braver for it! I now have more practice with improvisation- much harder than you’d think!
- Being called “kind” yesterday by a valued friend.
- Listening to Catching Fire, The Hunger Games’ sequel on my iPod.
- Husband FINALLY installing the half-sized dishwasher we bought from a friend a couple months ago. YAY!
- Getting to practice Yoga this week. I never seem to make the 9:00 a.m. class, but am always glad when I do. And sore.
|Casual Saidi costume.|
- Rainy Cape Town- not as fun as you’d think. Not bad, just not nice.
- Fighting with the hubby. Never fun.
- The belly dance “gig” was very stressful because I forgot my props and people were sitting in the small area where we were to dance, and I had a really hard time modifying my routine to fit the smaller space. I was also not used to being 3 feet from people while in costume; I’m used to being up on a stage, removed. Also, for the first time, I recognized someone I know in the audience, and that was fairly traumatic.
- All the household chores that didn’t get done while working on the course means that this morning was full of laundry, folding of said laundry, cleaning the toilet, cleaning counters, sweeping, etc.
What I’m looking forward to:
- Starting the literature review for my PhD!
- Sunnier, warmer weather.
Song of the Post: Penelope by Pinback. I got to see them many years ago, the night before a final exam. Believe me, it was worth going!